Effective September 28, 2020
Several of our affiliates, programs, applications, and business units operate under their own policies. This policy only applies to DSC and those DSC webpages where it appears. This is our most current policy; older versions are archived here. Should this policy materially change, this version will be similarly archived, this page updated, and the fact of the update announced here and on our webpage footers.
Much of the data we encounter concerns non-natural business entities, their agents and contractors, and is controlled by separate non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements. Through our webforms, events, campaigns and communications, however, some personal data may be encountered, in which case the following disclosures, controls, and choices will apply.
What May Be Collected
We will never require of you more personal data than that necessary to engage in the data uses described in this policy. Such data may include password and username confirmations, eligibility certifications, names, titles, contact information, site-usage information, banking information, trade references, physical and electronic correspondences, transaction histories, transaction requests, tax status, signatures, agreement status, billing information, school information, student or faculty status, and other associated business information.
How We Use Personal Data
We use the information we receive to provide our services, offer credit, provide incentives, fulfill requested transactions, process billing, host events, answer questions, address issues, personalize responses, research and understand the market, track and report sales, provide, maintain and renew subscriptions, engage in market research, report sales numbers and trends, optimize our website and website searches, offer referrals and leads, meet contract obligations, and otherwise engage in our regular business activities. We may also share personal data with outside parties according to the limits below:
- Where sharing is essential to your request, can be clearly inferred from the nature of your request, and where a failure to share would in fact defeat your request – we may share personal data as indicated, but only to the extent necessary to complete that request. Examples of this include a job reference contacted to confirm a reference, a subscription service provider notified of a renewal, an event organizer notified of those attending, or a software download platform provided validation data so they can deliver software or software licenses to the correct person. In all cases such sharing will be clear from the nature of the transaction requested or made clear through prominent notice.
- Personal data may also be shared as part of a special offer, promotion, incentive, contest, program, or sweepstakes, subject to the Personal Data Choices described below.
Personal Data Choices
- Where personal data may be shared as part of a special offer, promotion, incentive, contest, program, or sweepstakes, we will always provide a clear, timely, and prominent opt-in or opt-out by which you may exercise control over that sharing.
- At any time, you may opt-out of the receipt of additional marketing emails from DSC by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button appearing at the bottom of every marketing email.
- At any time, you may ask to review the personal data DSC maintains directly related to you, and offer correction to such data when there is credible evidence of error. In such instances, DSC will also ask you additional verifying questions before providing access or correction.
Personal Data Security
Our websites use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to move personal data between your browser and our websites (and vice versa). We also maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data, as well as such other reasonable measures as to protect against viruses, malware, and other harmful elements. However, such is no guarantee that our web services may be uninterrupted, or that our websites, servers, or emails may always be free of such elements.
DSC does not track data subjects across outside websites for the purpose of advertising or otherwise, and as a result does not have a way to respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Personal Data Retention
Personal data is only retained as long as needed to provide our services, manage our business, or as is required by law or contract.
This policy is otherwise only limited where necessary to establish legal claims, assert legal defenses, or protect the security/integrity of the websites. Any privacy disputes, as a condition of using these websites, shall be brought under the law and jurisdiction of the United States.
If you have any questions about this policy, our websites, or services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the details provided on the contact us page.
Chief Privacy Officer
The Douglas Stewart Company
3862 Galleon Run
Madison, WI 53718 USA